Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thankful for a little tree!

For those of you who know Jonathan very well, you know he loves to work on projects. When we first got married he showed me this drawing of how he wanted to do the landscaping. I of course said "go for it" because I am not the type to get out in the yard and I knew he would enjoy it more than I.

About 2 years ago we purchased this little bitty "Tree" although I always thought it looked more like a stick, but it has slowly turned into a nice little tree. This past week or little tree endured a lot of ice, bent all the way over to the ground, and didn't even break a limb. (Isn't that a good little tree?)

I don't think I have ever been so grateful for a yard without trees as I was this past weekend. I know a lot of you had trees fall down, and my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know it's going to be a long road to recover from this ice storm.

Here are a few of our pictures from the past week.


Ok, I know it's not the right direction, but this was one of my favorites.
This is a road over by the church.

These are the power lines down that had to be repaired before our power would work again.


This is from our driveway. If you look to the far right of the picture you can see our little tree. This was on Thursday after everything had started to melt some.





No comments: