Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Shy Little Girl

After spending the last half an hour reading other blogs, I have determined that my life is somewhat boring compared to the rest of you. I always loved listening to my former boss tell stories, because it didn't seem to matter what happened to her, she made it so exciting when she retold the story. I have come to realize that some of you have that gift with words. You can turn a first day of school, or an equipment malfunction into an exciting story. I think I just need to be better with pictures because somethings are better explained that way.

Ok, on to my story. I will do my very best to do this one justice. Today at dance we had about 15 little 3 year old's that were there for their "First Day of Ballet". I always love when the little one's come for their first day because almost all of them believe that all ballerina's do is spin in circles, and of coarse they love to show you. Today as we were getting ready to divide into two groups, we called one girls name (who will remain nameless) and she started screaming "I'm Shy, I'm Shy" now at this point we couldn't understand her, so we kept asking her what was wrong and she would scream louder "I'm shy, I'm shy" the funny thing was that this went on for about 2 minutes because we couldn't get her to move and we couldn't figure out what she was saying. When we finally figured it out, no one could understand what had triggered the tantrum, all we wanted her to do was line up and she drew all of the attention by screaming. I guess you just had to be there. Hopefully next week won't be so traumatic.

No comments: